Intro to Magic Box
Using objects and activities that serve to distract and self-soothe is great for both children and adults in times of distress. It is one thing to think about something, but another to provide an alternate activity or tangible soothing item. Objects are especially helpful in times of emotional upset to give immediate comfort and can serve as a distraction.
The Magic Box Toolkit contains all the resources you need to set up your own Magical calm box. The toolkit contains printable activities, games and ideas. It gives you all you need to know to set up the box and give your child an emotion vocabulary and help them to better understand what they are feeling and why they are feeling it.
The Magic Box Toolkit will take you through how to teach children to manage their emotions, recognise the triggers and give them the words to express how they feel and positive practical steps they and you can take to reduce the strong feelings without the shame of getting it wrong. The Magic Box Toolkit helps children accept their emotions as natural but also to feel the boss of their feelings rather than be overwhelmed and out of control.
We give you hands-on activities to use with them, give them new ways to express their emotions, and give them the vocabulary they need for better self-awareness.
The toolkit gives you the language to use and the ‘how and when’ to use the box information. The activities can also help them learn to express their feelings effectively and give them more confidence.
For some children, expressing their emotions seems to come more naturally but for others, feelings are a bit of a mystery. This could be due to sensory issues, autism, boundary issues, attachment issues, learning disabilities, or just their age or personality.
The Magic Box Toolkit includes:
- Magical Mirror Language that shows you how and what you say to children can make a difference, this includes explanations and examples of how it can work
- Magic Circle – how to link thoughts, feelings and behaviour and turn negative cycles into positive ones
- Missing Magic – how to spot the signs that your child is struggling
- Conjuring the Box/Let the Magic Begin – gives an understanding of how the box will work and helps you explain this to your child
- Magical Feelings – How to help you help your child recognise their emotions and take control of them
- How to create a Magical Space & how to use the Magic Box
- Magical Practice and Limits shows you how to set the right limits and boundaries around the box and space so it has the most impact and keeps its magic
- We include Magical Ideas that fit within a Think Feel Do model, cover a range of emotional states and give you ideas for what you can make for free, download or buy
We have given you everything you need to create a very special box that is individual to your child and that you can feel confident in using.
Happy Child…Happy adult! With a little bit of magic thrown in!
Oh and if that’s not enough we also throw in some printable digital downloads to get you started:
- Magic Box label and rules
- Emotion Cards
- Feelings In My Body
- Alarming Adrenaline
- Four Feelings Thermometers and Emojis
- Positive Self-Talk cards
- Positive Strategies Cards
- What To Put In The Magic Box
- Parenting With A Difference – Full Bonus Guide
There are no reviews yet.